The aim of the Scholarship is to look for the most talented young people whose various talents go beyond the rigid assessment frameworks and encourage their further development with respect to their creative freedom and individualism so that they join the group of the most remarkable graduates of their Alma Mater.
The Scholarship of the Jagiellonian University is a great honour. Only remarkable and talented people who would like to undertake studies at out university. It is to encourage the most talented people to pursue their passions and plans as well as develop various talents with respect to the freedom of creativity and research and with a significant funding and institutional support.
Who can apply for the Scholarship?
A person who jointly meets the following criteria may apply for the JU Scholarship:
- passed the matura examination or its foreign equivalent not earlier than 3 years before the announcement of the competition for the JU Scholarship or at the time of the announcement of the competition, is a student of the last year of the school ending with the matura examination or its foreign equivalent;
- undertakes studies for the first time in the academic year following the announcement of the competition;
- has outstanding academic results.
In justified cases, a student of first-cycle studies for the period of second-cycle studies may apply for the JU Scholarship, provided that the criteria specified in point 1 and 3.
The amount of the scholarship is PLN 2,000 per month and is granted for the whole period (not more than 5 years) of first-cycle, second-cycle and long-cycle programme in the chosen major at the Jagiellonian University.
How to apply?
The contest consists of two stages:
- in the first stage one is obliged to fill-in an electronic form and submit data presenting the candidate, his/hers achievements, interests and planned development path in the form of: a short description, a multimedia presentation, a video or other form chosen by the candidate. The Applications shall be verified by The Jury of the Scholarship of the Jagiellonian University which shall qualify maximum 20 participants of the contest
- the second stage consists of interviews, conducted by the Jury, with participants chosen in the first stage that are to check candidates’ predispositions to undertake studies and identify their achievements, knowledge, interests and the planned path of scientific development.
The most important information:
|Type of the scholarship||for academic results|
|Amount of the scholarship||PLN 2,000 per month and is granted for the whole period (not more than 5 years) of first-cycle, second-cycle and long-cycle programme in the chosen major at the Jagiellonian University|
|Deadlines for submitting applications||until 15 April|
|Maximum number of scholarship holders||7|
|Determining authority||The Jury of the Scholarship of the Jagiellonian University|